The Ania tunic is here!

Posted by | No Tags | Geen categorie | 14 Reacties op The Ania tunic is here!

Yes, it’s finally here, the Ania tunic has been released today!

Summer is coming and I think the Ania tunic from Coffee and Thread is just perfect for nice sunny days. It’s swingy and we like swingy!! The tunic is great for active kids playing outside. And yes, we love pockets so you just have to add them…. A swingy tunic without pockets is just not done (and every mother doesn’t like loves it when her daughter brings back home more stones, right?).

The great thing about this pattern is that there are several options. The tunic comes with two sleeve length options and simple closure in the back. Swingy gathered bodice and bow shaped pockets add a feminine touch. And you can make it in woven and in knit!

The first one I made was in a knit from Stenzo. I love their simple designs and colors. I’ve had it for a while in my stash and it just had to become the Ania tunic. For this one I added piping on the pockets in stead of the bow, otherwhise it would have become too bulky. I used a button for closure in the back, but after testing Olga changed the knit version a little so you do not need to add a button, just simply use ribbing and that looks awesome! Make sure to check out the other tester versions here.

Of course I couldn’t resist making a second one. That had to be woven! Again I could grab a great fabric from my stash, a lovely Christmas Spring design from Moda Fabrics which I bought at my favorite webshop Noeks from my friend Anouk. Aah and she knows exactly what I love, so everytime I visit her I just can’t resist it and I will come home with some beauties for my stash. Right, the second Ania tunic I made the bow shaped pockets and it’s so so cute!

Isabella wanted to wear the Ania tunic right away, so I have been washing them already, ready for tomorrow ;). So Olga, then you know you did a great job designing another great piece! And oh, the tunic pairs perfectly with the Wild and Free lounge pants.

So here are the details:

• The pattern comes in sizes 9-12 months through 12 years.
  • The pattern includes long and short sleeves
  • The pattern is suitable for knits and woven fabrics.
  • Pattern level: intermediate.
  • Pattern details: Layered pattern. Tutorial contains illustrations and provides tips on customizing the sizing to fit your child. US letter & A4 formatting.

Get your copy here, it’s on sale for just $6,00!

14 Comments

Gorgeous..i LOVE YOUR FABRIC CHOICES

Gaafmachine says:

31 mei 2016 at 09:55

thanks Thao :)! xoxo

Emi says:

31 mei 2016 at 10:52

I love your tunic, Nelleke! It’s so pretty with the little birds. And hahahaha what mother doesn’t love when her child brings home more rocks and sticks for the collection??

Gaafmachine says:

31 mei 2016 at 11:09

hahaha, I am telling Isabella to lay them down with all the other stones…in the garden! 😉

Eefke says:

31 mei 2016 at 11:45

You did it again, daughter!
And let me tell you my little secret: I’m rediscovering my old sewing machine!
the beautiful shirts you made for me, inspired me to start too. I cleaned the machine, oiled it and made already a nice shirt too. So thank you my dear and let’s keep on inspiring ……

Gaafmachine says:

31 mei 2016 at 11:59

aaah mom, so great you started sewing clothes again! So, I know what we will be doing in 2 weeks when you come and visit me … :) x

heather says:

31 mei 2016 at 15:45

So cute! That blue version is great!

Gaafmachine says:

31 mei 2016 at 15:54

Olga says:

31 mei 2016 at 15:50

Love this picture! So pretty! Thank you so much for testing for me!

Gaafmachine says:

31 mei 2016 at 15:55

Thank YOU for having me again! :) xoxo

Jess Abbott says:

31 mei 2016 at 16:11

Love the fabric choice! Very very cute.

Gaafmachine says: